- Net Weight
- Nutrition Info
- Health Benefits
- Allergy Info
Angaya podi has been used in many Tamil households for years - its actual name is Ainkaya podi (ain means five, and kaya means body - meaning 5 herbs to maintain our body).
This podi is great for postpartum and lactating mothers, for diabetics and for those who need a digestive aid.
Over a period of time, our grandmothers have increased the number of ingredients in this mixture beyond 5 to bring in more health benefit through a single product.
Coriander seed, Salt, Manathakkali (Dried Solanum Nigrum Berries), Sundakkai (Dried Torvum Berries), Red Chilli, Black pepper, Cumin Seed, Ginger powder, Curry Leaves, Veppampoo (Dried Neem Flowers), KandaThippili (Piper chaba), Asafoetida
- Contains NO added chemicals - 100% natural product
- No Artificial color
- No artificial flavor
- No added preservatives
How to Use
Mix 2 teaspoons (10g) of powder with 1 cup hot rice and ghee or sesame oil. Little Salt is already added - but you can add a little more, if you desire.
Each ingredient in this mixture has unique nutritional and healing properties
- Coriander is an anti-oxidant, has cholesterol reducing properties, is an anti-bacterial and a diuretic.
- Dried neem flowers helps in aiding digestion and improves eyesight; and also for cleansing the liver and removing unwanted toxins from the body; improves Metabolism; also helps in balancing blood sugar levels.
- Sundakkai and manathakkali vattal when fried and eaten help in reducing gas.
- Sundakkai has anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties.
- Manathakkali is a rich source of Vitamin B and it is excellent for maintaining the health of the liver.
- Curry leaves and coriander contain large amounts of fibre. Curry leaves are rich in iron, is anti-diabetic and also an anti-oxidant. It prevents premature greying of hair. Recent studies even indicate that it contains anti-cancer compounds.
- Kandathippili contains the alkaloid Piperine and is used for treating depression, weight loss, all kinds of inflammation and diabetes; has anti cancer, anti oxidant, anti depressant, anti inflammatory, anti microbial, analgesic, anti fungal and cardio protective properties.
- Cumin is useful in treating flatulence and is a good digestive aid. Cumin is also a lactagogue and increases lactation. It also reduces nausea during pregnancy.
- Dried ginger and asafoetida are very good digestives and useful in treating vatham conditions.
The above is provided for information purpose only, and does not constitute medical advise. Please consult your medical practitioner for specific guidance and advise.
This product has been prepared in a facility that processes, milk products, wheat products, peanuts, tree nuts and sesame seeds.