Kanchipuram Idly is very popular in South India, and is different than our normal idly in the ingredients and the way it is prepared and in its taste. In simple words, it can be termed as "Spicy Idly".
Rice (Boiled), Urad Dal, Raw Rice, Black pepper, Salt, Cumin Seed, Ginger powder, Asafoetida
- Contains NO added chemicals - 100% natural product
- No Artificial color
- No artificial flavor
- No added preservatives
- No Palm Oil. No Oil Reuse.
How to Prepare
- Soak the contents of entire pack of Balali's Vishalam Instant Kanchipuram Mix water in the proportion of 1:3.5 times of warm water (not hot) for around 8 hours.
- For example, if you are planning for making it for breakfast, you should soak it the previous night itself.
- This 8 hours will result in good fermentation. You should note that this is an important step, as we have not added any artificial yeast in our mix to reduce the preparation time.
- After 8 hours, mix the batter well. If it is too thick, add a little water. It should be in normal idly batter consistency, and not dosa batter consistency.
- Add 2 teaspoons of Cooking Oil in the batter, and mix well.
- Take normal SS tumblers and grease them with Gingelly (Til/Sesame) oil. Pour the batter to around 40% volume (when cooked it would become 80%).
- In a normal 3 Litre Pressure Cooker, you can keep 3-4 tumblers in vertical position. Add a little water inside the pressure cooker to enable steam, as you normally do.
- Keep the Cooker in pressure mode, and not cooking mode - do not use weight. Allow the idly to get steam cooked for ~ 10 minutes (a few minutes more than normal idly duration).
- Put off the stove and allow the Idly to set (cool) for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid, and use the holding side of teaspoon to prick into the center of idly and check if it has got cooked. If you notice wet dough, it needs more cooking.
- You can serve Balali's Vishalam Kanchipuram Idly either hot or cold (the tastes are entire different) along with Balali's Visham Idly Chilli Powder mixed with Gingelly (Til / Sesame) oil, or Balali's Vishalam Tomato Thokku....
- and move into the Seventh Cloud !!
This product has been prepared in a facility that processes (cow) milk products, wheat products, peanuts, tree nuts, soybean and sesame seeds