- Net Weight
- Health Benefits
- Nutrition Info
- Allergy Info
Turmeric is a widely used spice in our Indian Cuisine. It also has many medicinal properties.
Balali's Vishalam Turmeric Powder is made from first grade Turmeric Fingers, after thorough cleaning, and without adding any artificial colour or flavour.
The active constituent of turmeric is known as curcumin, which has been shown to have a wide range of therapeutic effects.
- Antioxidant : Curcumin protects against free radical damage because it is a strong antioxidant.
- Anti-inflammatory : It reduces inflammation by lowering histamine levels and possibly by increasing the production of natural cortisone by the adrenal glands.
- Hepatoprotective : It protects the liver from a number of toxic compounds such as carbon tetrachloride, galactosamine, acetaminophen (paracetamol), and Aspergillus aflatoxin.
- Antiplatelet aggregation : It has been shown to prevent platelets from clumping together, which in turn improves circulation.
- Antimutagenic : Curcumin is antimutagenic as it potentially helps to prevent new cancers that are caused by chemotherapy or radiation therapy used to treat existing cancers.
- Antimicrobial : Turmeric extract and the essential oil of Curcuma longa inhibits the growth of a variety of bacteria, parasites, and pathogenic fungi.
- Cardiovascular effects : Turmeric's protective effects on the cardiovascular system include lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels, decreasing susceptibility of lowdensity lipoprotein (LDL) to lipid peroxidation, and inhibiting platelet aggregation.
- Local effects : Fresh juice from the rhizome or a paste prepared from turmeric or decoction is often used as a local application as well as internally in the treatment of leprosy, snake bites, and vomiting associated with pregnancy.
- Gastric effects : Curcumin has a significant role in cases of gastric ulcers.
- Chronic anterior uveitis
- Anticancer properties : Curcumin has been found to possess anticancer activities because of its effect on a variety of biological pathways involved in mutagenesis, oncogene expression, cell cycle regulation, apoptosis, tumorigenesis, and metastasis. It potentiates the effect of chemotherapy and acts as an enhancer of radiotherapy. Also, it is found to arrest carcinomatous cells in the G2/M phase of cell cycle, in which cells are more susceptible to cytotoxic effects of radiotherapy.
- Precancerous lesions
- Dental pain - Massaging the aching teeth with roasted, ground turmeric eliminates pain and swelling.
- Periodontal problems
- Local drug delivery system
- Subgingival irrigant
- Pit and fissure sealant
The above is provided for information purpose only, and does not constitute medical advise. Please consult your medical practitioner for specific guidance and advise.
Dry Turmeric Bulbs
- Contains NO added chemicals - 100% natural product
- No Artificial color
- No artificial flavor
- No added preservatives
- No Palm Oil. No Oil Reuse.
This product has been prepared in a facility that processes, milk products, wheat products, peanuts, tree nuts and sesame seeds.