- How to Use?
- Health Benefits
250g Net weight - in coarse powder form.
Palm Sugar with a low Glycemic Index of 41, is an excellent substitute for White Sugar. Palm Sugar does not raise the blood sugar level immediately after consumption. Instead it is absorbed slowly by the body so it helps prevent/manage diabetes, hyoperglycemia and hypoglycemia.
You can completely replace cane sugar with palm sugar for all kinds of sweetening needs, and it helps PREVENT diabetes and to loose weight.
- Palm Jaggery can be used as a substitute of sugar in the preparation of coffee, tea, etc.
- It can be used in preparation of sweet dishes as an healthier alternative to sugar.
- Can be used by people of all ages, especially by people affected by Diabetes.
- Paanakam can also be prepared using palm jaggery, by adding along with black pepper and a pinch of cardamom & dry ginger powder to a glass of water. This drink will cool the body instantly, and is also good for upset stomach.
- According to some studies, it has 60 times more minerals than white sugar.
- Palm jaggery is rich in iron. Regular consumption of this jaggery increases your hemoglobin level and treats anemia. Magnesium regulates the nervous system. High antioxidants found in this jaggery helps protect body cells from damages. It is equally rich in calcium, potassium, and phosphorus.
- Palm jaggery works as a digestive agent. You can take small quantity of this jaggery after heavy meals to aid digestion of food. It activates the digestive enzymes and helps to cleanse the intestinal tracts.
- Palm jaggery has composite carbohydrates. This jaggery digests sooner than white sugar, but releases energy slowly - resulting in you staying active and energetic for hours after eating palm jaggery.
- Palm jaggery also cleans up your system. It cleanses the respiratory tract, intestines, food pipe, lungs, and stomach. It also helps remove toxins from your body.
- Jaggery palm is full of dietary fibers, which helps treat constipation and indigestion. It helps to clean the system by flushing out unwanted particles. It also stimulates bowel movement.
- Palm Jaggery can be used to treat dry cough and cold. Palm jaggery helps to clear the respiratory tract by dissolving the mucus. People with respiratory problems like asthma can take palm jaggery.
- Palm jaggery helps to reduce migraine pain. Just take 1 tsp of palm jaggery, and you will experience relief from migraine.
- Higher count of potassium in Palm Jaggery reduces water retention and bloating, and results in weight loss.
- Palm jaggery offers relief in all seasons. During summer, palm jaggery gives you the cooling respite, and during Winter, it keeps you warm.
The above is provided for information purpose only, and does not constitute medical advise. Please consult your medical practitioner for specific guidance and advise if Palm Jaggery is suitable for you.